Hiking to a view with no view
Today I hiked up to the top of Mt Hollyburn. This is a mountain in the Nordic area of the Cypress Ski area in West Vancouver BC. Snowshoeing up the ridge there was about 15cm of powder on about 100cm base so the conditions were pretty good. Plus it was snowing pretty hard the whole way up. A great day for a hike, but at the top there was no view whatsoever… In fact the visibility was very poor with the snow coming down. Nevertheless, I snapped a few photos before heading back down. I will do this hike again in the coming months to try and get some photos from the top. In the meantime, here are a few shots from today.
- Day Hiking in Golden Ears park
- Winter is behind us and Summer is just around the corner
- Why are you still inside? It is time to snowshoe!
- Finding Freedom: An Escape Into BC’s Backcountry
- A Costa Rican Road Trip
- Random photos from happenings of things
- Cypress Falls, A Great Hike That You Have Never Heard Of.
- The Making of a Champion
- Vancouver Whitecaps vs. DC United at BC Place
- Snowy Owls on a Snowy Day in Boundary Bay