A Day Away on Bowen Island
I have lived in a reasonable distance from Vancouver BC for most of the past 15 years or so. If you are a reasonable distance from Vancouver, it turns out that you are also a reasonable distance from a little hippy-clad place called Bowen Island. An area that is known of, an area that is respected, yet an area that not a ton of people go to. As a short little day trip adventure Kelly and I took off, parked in Horseshoe Bay and took the ferry over to Snug Cove on Bowen Island.
Walking off the ferry, the trails start immediately. There are two main hikes on the island. One that goes to the top of Mt Gardner and another that goes around Killarny Lake. For this trip we packed a lunch and took the short loop around the lake. Beautiful forest. great bridgework, a few viewpoints along the way. All in all a great walk/hike. Nothing crazy athletics wise, but relaxing, pretty and a great hike.
- Hiking outside of Whistler BC – Garibaldi Lake
- Day Hiking in Golden Ears park
- Winter is behind us and Summer is just around the corner
- A hike before a wait….
- Climbing the Squamish Chief
- Cypress Falls, A Great Hike That You Have Never Heard Of.
- Jungle Gym Fitness Class Demonstrated
- A Snowshoe Through the Clouds
- Another Non-Photo Mission
- Scaling the Walls of Black Mountain