Lucky Number 7 – An Albertan Ride To Conquer Cancer
On the Ride to Conquer Cancer wrench support tally this was number 7. The Alberta Ride to Conquer Cancer had an extra variable this year and it was weather. While the ride started and ended in relative dryness, the creamy center was as wet as it could possibly be. With camp floor unable to handle the foot-traffic and extreme precipitation the camp was slightly refugee-camp like. That said, the cause, the drive and the thought of loved ones drove people forward. If nothing else, the camp conditions were a good excuse to get an early start to day 2. There were a few more casualties along the way and the buses were slightly more full than usual but the majority of riders still pedaled on and ended their ride on two wheels.
The ride is not supposed to be easy and by no means is it. This year the struggle was a little harder but all the more worthwhile. These 2000 riders that collectively raised $8 Million towards the Alberta Cancer Foundation. This event and all its participants truly are making a difference in finding a cure for cancer.
- Tofino Trippin – A few photos from an island escape
- Vacationing on the Island of Kauai
- Hop, Skip and a Jump over the Atlantic to the United Kingdom
- You Better Belize It! (Belize excuse the pun…)
- A Week Away in a Mountain Biker’s Paradise – Moab Utah
- Montreal and Quebec City – Sans Bike
- The 2013 Quebec Ride To Conquer Cancer in Photos
- The BC Ride To Conquer Cancer – Another Year, Another Amazing Event!
- Winter is behind us and Summer is just around the corner
- A Costa Rican Road Trip