Why are you still inside? It is time to snowshoe!
As the mountain biking trails are starting to wind down my mind must think differently. It is time shift the mindset to skiing, boarding, snowshoeing and other snow-bound activities. One easy, local and free activity is snowshoeing up Mt Hollyburn where the effort is rewarded with a magnificent view of Vancouver. If you are thinking where the heck is Hollyburn? It is the nordic area of Cypress Mountain. The hike takes about 2hrs return but is actually outside the cypress boundaries so a park pass is not required. It gets cold at the top so bring an extra layer for the peak! If you want the nitty-gritty details you can see a map and elevation profile through this Strava recording
Here are some photos from the hike. The day was gorgeous with clouds hovering over the mountains but clearing over the city. The afternoon light was magnificent!
- Winter is behind us and Summer is just around the corner
- Random photos from happenings of things
- Cypress Falls, A Great Hike That You Have Never Heard Of.
- Sunday Snow Cycling Shinanigans
- Fog, snow, sun and some fun
- Winter is here – Just how I remember it.
- Weddings, Weddings, Weddings
- Scaling the Walls of Black Mountain
- I thought spring was here, apparently I was wrong.
- Taking some time to slow down