You Better Belize It! (Belize excuse the pun…)
Recently, Kelly and I made our annual fall vacation and this year we chose Belize as our destination. Having traveled to a few countries in the area (Mexico, Dominican and Costa Rica) it was exciting to see something that was geographically close yet environmentally quite different. Belize for the most part is actually situated below sea level. This fact has led to a very unique landscape that is very flat, very wet and quite beautiful.
For the sake of our vacation we chose a small hotel/resort called the X’Tan Ha. This is a quaint, secluded and absolutely beautiful spot about 7 miles north of San Pedro on the Ambergris Caye. Accessible only by boat this secluded gem offered a week of rest and relaxation away from it all. While seclusion was definitely an aspect of desire town and amenities were also quite close and easily capitalized on.
These photos are mostly from in and around the X’Tan Ha but we did actually go outside and explore. You will just have to take my word for it though…
More Photos are hosted on Flickr
- Tofino Trippin – A few photos from an island escape
- Vacationing on the Island of Kauai
- A Week Away in a Mountain Biker’s Paradise – Moab Utah
- The 2013 Quebec Ride To Conquer Cancer in Photos
- Escape to Portlandia
- Winter is behind us and Summer is just around the corner
- A Costa Rican Road Trip
- 2012 BC Cyclocross Championships
- Day 3 in Pictures – Moab’s Amasa Back
- Random photos from happenings of things